Banana BreadCourse: BreakfastCuisine: North AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This recipe has been in my family since before I can remember. As a child my dad would bake banana bread on the weekends with the old bananas we didn’t eat. I always loved waking up to the smell of fresh banana bread. It really is a versatile recipe so feel free to try your favorite nuts or candy as a mix in!
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
1/2 Cups Butter
- Wet Ingredients
1 Cup Sour Cream
2 tsp Vanilla
3 Overripe Bananas
- Dry Ingredients
2 Cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
- Preheat the over to 350o F.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add sour cream, eggs, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add Bananas. Mix until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients. Mix until incorporated.
- Mix in any Chocolate Chips or nuts you desire. Mix until incorporated.
- Scoop into muffin tins or loaf pans.
- Bake for 20 minutes if in muffin tin and 45-60 minutes if in a traditional loaf pan.
- You can also bake it into a loaf pan for 45-60 minutes.